Toxic Black Mould – The Silent Killer

Stachybotrys, also known as toxic black mould, is a type of fungus that can cause serious health problems when it grows in homes or buildings. It thrives in warm, damp, and humid conditions, and can often be found in areas such as basements, bathrooms, and kitchens.

Exposure to toxic black mould can lead to a range of health problems, from minor allergic reactions to more serious respiratory and neurological issues. Symptoms of exposure to black mould can include coughing, wheezing, sneezing, itchy eyes, and skin rashes, among others. In severe cases, exposure to toxic black mould can cause bleeding in the lungs, memory loss, and other serious health problems.
There have been a number of high profile cases in recent years involving toxic black mould in people’s homes. For example, in 2021 a family in Tower Hamlets were awarded £850,000 in damages after claiming that toxic black mould in their home had caused the death of an infant. Additionally, the remaining family members reported a range of health problems, including respiratory issues and neurological damage.

Similarly, in 2022 a total sum 0r £265,000 was awarded to a family who claimed that toxic black mould in their rented home had caused their children to suffer from respiratory problems and other health issues. The private landlord was forced to sell his own family home to cover the cost.
Current data relating to deaths in the U.K directly attributed to stachybotrys estimates 1200 to 1250 fatalities per year.
Chronic and debilitating illness as a result of living in an environment afflicted with black mould is presently estimated to be in the region of 600,000 individuals throughout the country. 
According to the NHS, exposure to mould can lead to a range of health problems, including allergic reactions, asthma attacks, and fungal infections. In addition, the NHS notes that people with weakened immune systems, such as individuals with cancer, may be more susceptible to serious health problems as a result of exposure to mould. Overall, while toxic black mould may not be as well-known as other environmental hazards, it is clear that exposure to this type of mould can have serious or fatal consequences. If you suspect that you may have toxic black mould in your home, it is important to take steps to address the problem as soon as possible to minimise the risk of health problems. This may involve hiring a professional to assess and remediate the mould, as well as taking steps to prevent mould growth in the future by addressing any underlying moisture issues in your home.

For further information of stachybotrys or any type of damp Contact Us Today for FREE, No Obligation Advice. 


Call Now Button